Why the need?
An average course of therapy can easily exceed £1200 per individual based on sessions costing £100 each and therapy lasting twelve sessions.
Stress, anxiety and depression account for the second biggest cause of sickness absence.
Stress alone costs employers £24 Billion a year in the UK.
Contemporary Skills in Emotional Development and Well Being
- At the end of the course participants should:
- Understand why stress, anxiety and depression are so prevalent in the 21st century
- Understand how our mind adopts a negative thinking pattern when we become stressed, anxious and depressed
- Be able to explain why some people are more prone to stress, anxiety and depression than others
- Be able to utilise the tools of the Mind Health Development methodology to help change clients’ thinking patterns to allow them to think more positively for reduced stress, anxiety, depression and increased self esteem.
- Prevent children, teenagers and young people from succumbing to psychological illness or *rehabilitate those suffering more effectively
*Suitably qualified personnel only.
Trainees will receive:
- An historical overview of why psychological illness is more prevalent today than ever before
- Training in the biological processes of anxiety and depression
- An outline of the drug therapies used to treat anxiety and depression
- An overview of CBT and group therapy
- Training in the use of semi-structured interviewing techniques to assess client suitability for cognitive behavioural interventions
- A thorough knowledge of the Mind Health Development model of cognitive behavioural interventions
- Training in the use of coaching and facilitation skills in order to deliver the Mind Health Development Model
- The tools and materials required to coach and facilitate the Mind Health Development Model either in small workshops or as larger scale training / education programmes
- Timely updates in line with changing guidelines, research and evidence and supervision and training in the same
The Course Methodology
The methodology that forms the basis for this course is taken from the popular book ‘Think yourself happy – The simple 6-step programme to change your life from within’ by Dr Rick Norris.
The course will provide delegates with a unique understanding of how the mind works. Participants will acquire the behavioural and psychological skills that are necessary for greater Emotional Intelligence.
Each delegate will receive a copy of the book as part of the training.
Teaching methods will include the use of active learning techniques to encourage participation through discussion, case exercises, experiential activities and small group work.
At the completion of the course delegates will receive a practising licence.